Friday, September 12, 2008

Fishing South Platte

Fished the Deckers area on the South Platte tonight for the first time since Spring. The flows were above 400. Hatches, Tricos, Caddis, Midges and Midges. Didn't see any fish rising. Worked the shoreline, slack water, and the deeper slow pools. Fished from 5:30 till 8:00 pm and caught about a dozen or so fish. Nothing was smaller then 16". I did see one fish that was pushing around 24" that is sitting next to shore. Its mouth was pretty beat up and looked this fish has gone through hell. But when I got close to it, it took off into the faster water.

My set up for this evening was my CQ Little Brown Trout trailed by various stuff. I tried Czech Nymph, Jujubees, Barrs BWO emerger, RS2 and a new no name fly I tied this past weekend. All fish took the streamer.

The area I fished was big rock to Lone Rock Campground and then to finish up the night between the bridges. The water between the bridges was more off color and dirty then above the campground.

All in all it was a good night to get out and wet a line and catch a few fish.

No comments: